Top 10 must see “Beaches in Goa”
The vast Indian coastline has a host states offering a variety of beach destinations for tourists. One of the most popular tourist magnet is the state is Goa, which has over the years attracted hordes of tourists from across the globe due to its beautiful beaches and a complete holiday experience. Though Goa presents several extremely scenic beaches, the top 10 beach destinations are presented below:
- Palolem Beach: Located in south of Goa, is an extremely picturesque beach known as Palolem. This beach is known for its exquisite pristine beauty, and is commonly referred to as the “Queen of Beaches”. Furthermore, this beach is filled with shacks providing authentic Goan seafood. In addition, this beach is also popular for a number of water sports activities.
- Baga Beach: Situated in North Goa and named after a “creek” is a scenic beach known as Baga. It forms an integral part of a stretch that includes beaches such as Sinquerim, Candolim, and Baga. Furthermore, this beach is renowned for water sporting activities such as parasailing, banana rides, and dolphin cruises. In addition, this beach also comprises of many “shacks” that serve authentic Goan cuisine.
- Benaulim Beach: If one intends to completely “relax” in Goa then Benaulim is the ideal beach to visit. Furthermore, the atmosphere surrounding this beach is extremely “tranquil” since it has still not yet been fully utilized by tourists. In addition, this beach is perfect for activities such as “sunbathing and swimming”. It is also popular for water sport activities such as parasailing, jet skiing, boat riding, and wind surfing.
- Miramar Beach: Consisting of “beautiful soft silvery sand” is a beach located in North Goa known as Miramar. This beach located in close proximity to Panjim (Capital of Goa) is considered to be one of the most frequently visited. Furthermore, this beach originally named “Porta De Gaspar Dias” is also renowned for providing a picturesque view of the “setting sun”. In addition, it is surrounded by beautiful palm trees, and the clear blue water of the Arabian Sea.
- Colva Beach: Stretching along the coastline for about 2.4 km is an extremely scenic beach known as Colva. It basically comprises of “white sand”, and is surrounded by beautiful coconut palms. Furthermore, this beach consists of a number of “shacks”, food stalls, small restaurants, pubs, bars, and budget hotels. In addition, it mainly attracts domestic rather than foreign tourists in large numbers.
- Calangute Beach: “Beautiful and crowded” would be the best way to describe the Calangute Beach located in north Goa. Situated at a distance of 16 km from Panjim city, it is known for its pristine and scenic beauty. In addition, to being “picturesque” this beach is also known for its vibrant “nightlife”, and comprises of a number of popular pubs that are situated in close proximity.
- Candolim Beach: Popular for hosting the famous “Sunburn Festival” is a beach in Goa known as Candolim. Considered to be extremely “laidback”, this beach is extremely scenic, and is known for its pristine environment. Furthermore, it is also supposed to be “one of the longest beaches in Goa. In addition, in close proximity to this beach lies the popular “Aguada Fort” that provides for the magnificent panoramic view of the beautiful overlying clear blue sea.
- Sinquerim Beach: “Clean and popular” would be the ideal way to describe a beach in Goa known as Sinquerim. Situated at a distance of about 13 km from Panjim, this beach is known for possessing an extremely pristine environment. Furthermore, it is also known for some high quality “shacks” that provide for some delicious Goan seafood. In addition, this beach is ideal for “adrenaline loving junkies” since it provides for some exhilarating water sporting activities.
- Donna Paula Beach: Located at a distance of just about 6 km from Panjm city is a picturesque beach in Goa known as Donna Paula. Considered to be a popular “tourist hotspot”, this pristine beach is surrounded by a number of rocks and the beautiful clear blue sea water. In addition, it also provides for a number of water sporting activities, and hence serves as a “paradise” to adventure seeking tourists.
- Bogmalo Beach: “A genuine scenic beauty” would be the ideal way to describe a beach situated in Goa known as Bogmalo. Surrounded by beautiful coconut palms and a clear blue sea it is known for its “pristine” environment. Furthermore, this beach is located at a distance of 14 km from Panjim, and consists of quite a few shops selling local handicraft products. In addition, the Goa Institute of Diving is located in close proximity to this beach.